Friday, October 16, 2015

Nacho Average... #163

Well, this is my second entry into a "Nacho Average Challenge" challenge... #163:


My little card was based on this sketch:


So quick and easy. I had an old K & Company die-cut butterfly and I added some easy gold foil over top of some Zig 2-Way glue. I had a scrap of off-white textured paper and I cut the edges with a paper scorer (a fave technique of mine) and laid it over the top of a gold/mustardy card. This is not what I would call my style, but once I began to assemble it, it reminded me of some of my grandmother's old stationary-- very 1960s. I think this card turned out neat in a retro-sort-of way. It will definitely get used as stationary.

5 comments:

  1. love it! i'm going to make some -- it's always nice to have cards on hand to just say hi to friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun retro card! The butterfly is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful example of a card that shows that less IS more. A card doesn't need an overload of colors and elements to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple and so perfect! A trylu lovely CAS creation, Mimi.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stopped by from Darnell's blog to say "Hi". I love your creations, and this butterfly is gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete