Saturday, January 16, 2016

Happy ending...

Here is a little love story of an unlikely meeting of mismatched pieces:



Ahhh, sweet mystery of life... how these pieces were destined to make their way to eachother... right on my desk...

I plan to enter this into Simon Says Stamp on Monday: Stencil It. I use stencils a lot, so I will enter as many recent projects as I can into this SSS... a crafter is, afterall, perpetually in want of more supplies...  I feel no shame.  I am, in fact, shameless.

Supplies and notes:
  • Pretty simple, just made with scraps, basically.  I was messing around with my watercolors and a Heidi Swapp paper stencil, thinking of how this particular stencil might absorb enough extra water to use a straight-up paintbrush through it.  This was my initial test sheet-- I used a scrap of watercolor paper and tried a few techniques on dry paper (versus wet on wet).  
  • The sentiment was a "reject" from last week.  The stamp is from Studio 113 stamped in Distress Embossing Ink on vellum, then embossed with Princess Gold EP
  • The embossed card came in a pack from my friend Autumn, and they were sitting near me as I was liking my "tester" paper.  Well, all these pieces got married and now will live happily ever after on this birthday card.
The end.

4 comments:

  1. I love when a plan comes together!! Great use of your supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so beautiful. Love the fabulous background colors. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dream background here - yeah! Looks so good with the simple rectangular sentiment in gold! Loving it!

    ReplyDelete