Sunday, February 7, 2016

Wicked Wednesday

As I'm getting reacquainted with my craft supplies after a family vacation, funny how this ATC made itself...



Haha!  You feel me?  Entering this into Wicked Wednesday's "Head Shots" challenge.  Have to say, with a shooting family, I was picturing something more macabre when I read the challenge, haha!  Funny?  No?  No...

Supplies:

  • ATC is a cut-to-size library card
  • Background painted with Chipped Sapphire Distress Paint through a Heidi Swapp paper stencil
  • The lady is from the scraps leftover from when my friend Meg made me a xmas tree and a snowman and a pumpkin out of old handyman books... she did the cool fold-around DIYs for me to display in the library.  Anyway, since Meg is so cool, she brought me a grocery bag of the scraps to use.  I believe this lady was from a section talking about how to build your own darkroom with discussions about photography.  Doesn't this lady look a little nuts??? (Sorry... she was probably very nice... and I can tell from her face that she had kids...)
  • I added turquoise and purple twine at the last minute to the top... not photographed here
  • The sentiment was typed on the typewriter and edged with Black Soot Distress Ink, as well as the edges of the ATC itself

4 comments:

  1. Such an awesome ATC, love how you collaged the face in and yes, she looks a little bit nuts ! LOL Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fab combo of retro and modern and very funny indeed!
    Ps: In my next post you'll see I've used some of the supplies I received from you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ove the lady on your ATC
    sweet smile and look vintage
    Mimi you are so great at using leftover
    I am not
    I sometimes keep it and forget it
    better I buy new stamp with my salary and then I will remember (how pain it is to pay 15 Euro for a set stamp of Hero Arts example) and I will remember in which drawer I did put it
    and I will remember where the sentimen I put too
    hehe
    I want to say two thumbs up for you to used your leftover Mimi
    big hugs

    PS:Mimi why dont you try to make FOLLOWING BY EMAIL button on your blog ?I want to follow you but I dont see I can do it with email..Follow with blogger is not my favorite
    I follow many BLOG CANDY blog also I cant deleted one by one hehehe (SMILE)I can tell you how to put the button FOLLOW ME BY EMAIL
    email me sweety

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely a frozen and slightly psycho-looking expression on said lady's face, but then it was the early 60's (i'm guessing) & YEAH i expect she had some kids who were using the photoshoot as an excuse to "play" with the entire dozen eggs on the kitchen floor! (b/c no one had ever expressly forbidden them to do so!!!) (& yes, that story really happened to a friend of mine some years ago. the kid in question is now a fine upstanding grown up with his own little persons... isn't karma awesome...?!) :) :) :) ps: probably should have said right off how cool this is and how much i love it! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete