Thursday, April 21, 2016

Shopped my stash...

... and found this swallow!



Supplies and notes:

  • This bird has been in my stash for years... close to being used a couple times, but this was the challenge to "free" it!  I love using things that are so familiar to me that they become invisible. 
  • Not sure the brand of the bird.  If I remember correctly (which is a push), it came in a clearance baggie.  It received a treatment of Tim's Crackle Paint in Picket Fence years ago.
  • I inked the bird with Chipped Sapphire DI
  • The library card base was stenciled with a Martha Stewart stencil and Dylusions spray in Fresh Lime.  BTW, this truly is a card.  I adhered two library catalog cards together at the edge, scoring the rear card to give a fold.
  • Viva Paper Pearls in Anthracite formed the eye and accent-dots. 
I plan to mail this to a friend who has a couple swallow tattoos and needs some cheering.  Meanwhile, I'll enter it into Shopping Our Stash #248: Use chipboard.

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Love your use of the library cards and the swallow will be perfect for your friend! Thanks for playing along with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH this week for our "Chip Off The Old Block" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabuloso, Darling! Love the pop of lime against this very awesome bird! Great stash buster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NEW FAVORITE!!! NEW FAVORITE!!! i'm in looooooooooooooooove with this one... every single thing!!! (i think i have one of those birds, as well, i'm tempted to CASE...) (& no i don't know who made it, either, i think mine was in a baggie at a yard sale too... that's kinda weird when you think about it!) ps: thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (chipboard!) STASH with us this week! ♥ (& yes by "this week" technically i mean last week... might be a little running late...) :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I keep stash for years, not having the heart to use it or feeling I need to save it for one of those special occasions. Seems like the story of this bird. You found him a nice home though, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet cute bird Mimi I love it love the blue color on it so soft and the BG is cool really cool color Mimi
    a seeet Library altered Mimi
    will it be a book mark? or will it be on a card adhere?
    its ready to use also for a TAG for a Gift if someone bday
    you are clever :)

    ReplyDelete