Saturday, May 7, 2016

MFT Sketch #279

Here's a quickie from this morning.  I had *bonus* craft time while we waited to see which of the girls'baseball/softball games were canceled.

Here's another one for the big girl, who will go away for 3 weeks of camp this summer.
(I've got a good stash, but I will still need to supplement with postcards... I slam her
with mail so she has to sing in front of the camp to get it!
Ahhh... terrorizing our kids from afar... the joys of parenthood...)
I made this card based on the current sketch over at My Favorite Things:

Supplies and notes:

  • The card base was from Autumn at Sew-Paper-Paint... thank you!  
  • Scotch washi became the strip at the right edge
  • The panel in the center was cut from some play-time scraps.  It was made by monoprinting Tim's Dot Fade stencil with some Dylusions Vibrant Turquoise and Lemon Zest.  I popped the panel up on some black dimensional foam tape by Ranger
  • The black sentiment and outline were made using a Zig Emboss Writer and some Recollections black EP
  • The brad was from my stash... no package no more... (improper grammar on purpose)
  • Typewriter stamp was a gift from Somerset, I think... been a long time since that thing lived in a package....

4 comments:

  1. I love this and how fun will it be to receive back from your sweetie. <3 Great modern vibe - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the card and especially the motivation, lol. great take on the sketch as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your emboss background so in love on this color Mimi..yay and the main image too has the same colors...clever you...lovely card again sweety
    Hugs.
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are so eye catching and I think this design feels both detailed and clean at the same time, few embellies and stuff, but cleverly put together.

    ReplyDelete