Tuesday, July 12, 2016

SOS: inspired by bedding!

This week we have an interesting challenge for you over at Shopping Our Stash:

...we want you to get inspired by your bedding!

For many people, home decor is a hobby, and they're good at it. Not me. I swear, if it weren't for having kids and trying to be respectable, we'd still be using lawn chairs in the living room with milk crates for ottomans! That said,  we do have a really nice Pendleton on our bed, bought for me by my hubs when I was pregnant with our youngest.

Here's my card:



...inspired by this blanket:

Don't mind the feathers...
Supplies and notes:
  • The blue paper comes from a pad my best friend gave me years ago.  It matches the down blanket we keep on our bed year-round... hence the feathers!
  • I used an old (6 years old?) stitching punch by EK Success with some ancient wool embroidery thread
  • I painted the blanket with Loew Cornell watercolors (had since college)
So, go make your bed, then go make something pretty and share it with us at Shopping Our Stash!

Remember: you can make anything inspired by the challenge... for this challenge, you can go my route and make a card, or what about being creative in a different way and making a canvas to hang in your room, or even making a pillow to match your bedding?  Ahhh, if only I had more hours in a day!

This was a tricky challenge for many of us on the DT, but it kind of inspired me to roll up my sleeves and jump right in... it's a challenge, right???  So, think like Tom Petty and don't back down!

9 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhh you are SO CLEVER! i love this! i love how you took the inspiration and made it YOURS! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! Those stripes are fabulous and I adore the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mimi: I love, love the stitching on top and bottom of your card, beautifully done!! The colors and design really reflect your inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mimi: I love, love the stitching on top and bottom of your card, beautifully done!! The colors and design really reflect your inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Challenge is the name of the game, awesome job on your card, great colours and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah lovely blanket color you have Mimi
    and the card is so suess (German said that for Cute)
    lovely color combo
    jump to your new post
    you are busy to make lovely cards and I am so behind I am sorry Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty! If I made a card to reflect our bedding: blech! *Someone* needs to go shopping to buy a duvet cover this is *not* masculine meh!!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice interpretation of your bedding!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun challenge theme! Won't be able to join this time, getting my 9 year old nephew on visit over the weekend, but I do love the theme and there are actually a few ideas that came to mind. I love the stitched detailing on your card!

    ReplyDelete