Tuesday, June 6, 2017

SOS: Dude!

This week at Shopping Our Stash, Donna is encouraging us to dig through our stamps and supplies to use neglected items to create a masculine card!

For me, personally,  I think I do fine making masculine cards... until I have to!  You know what I mean?



Supplies:
  • Strathmore watercolor paper made plaid by monoprinting Tim's Stripes stencil twice, perpendicular to each iteration 
  • DIs used: Chipped Sapphire, Rusty Hinge, and Gathered Twigs 
  • The titmouse is by Inspired By Stamping,  painted using my college set of Loew Cornell watercolors,  which I don't think I've used in months...
  • I popped the titmouse up with my least-used foam tape-- trying to accomplish the goals of SOS by using what I have!
  • The quote was in my stash box of quotes from books, affixed with Distress Collage medium in matte 
This will be the Father's Day card for my dad.  He is such a cool dude.  My folks have titmice in their back yard,  so I think he'll appreciate this card... and I'm glad I'm a card-maker because I feel like Father's Day cards at stores are often tacky and overly stereotypical... not that my dad would consider himself classy... but most classy people wouldn't,  I guess... anyway...

Cheers!  See you at Shopping Our Stash!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, I'm intimidated by colouring birds yours is fabulous. But I know what you mean when faced with something it becomes the "CHALLENGE"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely perfect masculine card! Love the bird layered on the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling, you have perfectly perpendicularly iterated that stencil! This is one of my favorite backgrounds from Tim's tags ever and I use it far too seldomly. This is a gorgeous man make, I could never tell you struggled! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimi, I love the background you created, I thought it was made with a stamp and it's perfect for this amazing image of a Titmouse bird that you water colored so beautifully.
    Awesome detail of the torn paper on this amazing masculine card!
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhh love it! Fab job Mimi!!
    Love the background and the wee bird.
    I am sure your dad will love it!

    ReplyDelete