Tuesday, June 20, 2017

SOS: GAH...PINK!

Hello, my crafty friends, and welcome to another week with Shopping Our Stash!  (My crafting "Monday" is Tuesday, and my favorite place to be is right here, sharing the stuff I made from items in my stash with you guys!)

This week, the gals at SOS are requesting that you use PINK in your creation, as June 23rd is National Pink Day.  This challenge is also kind of a fun-loving nod to former SOS DT goddess Leslie, RIP, who fun-lovingly detested pink.




Supplies:
  • Main panel is Strathmore watercolor paper inked with Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals in Poppin' Pink and Cotton Candy Pink through a STAMPlorations stencil (that I don't use nearly enough...)
  • The balloons were cut from more watercolor paper inked with LSG Magicals in Cotton Candy, then dabbed on the edge with Picked Raspeberry and popped up with 3M dimensional tape
  • Andrea's stamps from Snapping Monsters (the gal, the "lovely girl" and the the circles in black).  All of these awesome stamps (from two sets... you gotta go to her Etsy store) were inked with Ranger Archival in Jet Black.  Everything except the gal was also embossed with Recollections clear EP
  • The gal has Antique Linen Distress Paint hair and Pebbles chalky cheeks, plus some Liquid Pearls lips.  (I made her look like my aunt, Bev, who this will go to for her birthday, commisioned by my mom...)
  • Black mat is Core-dinations cardstock
  • The word clippings are from my stash-- this came from some DP years ago
Join us... why not?  I know you all have pink items stashed why not use them and feel good about using hoarded-- err, lovingly stored-- items?!

Shopping Our Stash is such an awesome group to be a part of, and I feel the same passion as I did when I was just a participant: I LOVE using my stashed items.  Like, LOVE IT. Thanks to my awesome teammies... you guys are inspiring people.  It reminds me that we are not little crafting islands... we are a community of crafters, and our diverse backgrounds feed a pool of creativity plus the desire to use what you already have... it's crafting efficiency!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I could just eat this up! It reminds me of cotton candy! What a 'magical' background--I've seriously got to move this product to the top of my list! Love this; even though I am not usually a 'pink' person--it sways toward the purple side--which I LOVE. Your design is a knock out! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The balloon fibers - eeek! :) So so fun and perfect for a sweet girl. I have just got to get a few more colors of Magicals. (Hopefully during the Labor Day sale!)
    Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl!!! I want to hold in my hand this awesome balloons!! the strings hanging from them are just deliciously fabulous.
    The background is a dream in pink shades that looks amazing with the soft bling of the sequences.
    Your aunt is one lucky gal.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete