Saturday, March 17, 2018

Write your story

I thought about my mother-in-law as I made this-- she was an author, and she inspired many others during her life as an English teacher and through her books-- most notably the first book which was a memoir... of sorts.  I've mentioned her many times, and her books a few times, but you can Google her if you are interested!  Jane Juska...

Anyway, we miss her.  She died in October. 





Supplies:

  • I had a few scraps of this Tim Holtz paper and I pasted Teresa Collins modelling paste through Tim's Typo stencil
  • Vintage Photo Distress Stain added to the bottom edge, and I blended it using a baby wipe.
  • Tim's Chit Chat stickers added and inked with Antique Linen DI
  • Tim's Photobooth gal added atop some 3M dimensional adhesive
  • The "memoir" Idea-ology nib affixed with Glossy Accents.  I usually use E-6000, but it was in the house as I was working.
  • Twine from my stash

I'd like to share this with the following challenges:


4 comments:

  1. Great vintage piece and a very interesting piece about your Mothe In Law

    Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday challenge

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing project! WOW!Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a fantastic vintage style project and a wonderful way to remember a special lady. Thank you for sharing it with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im sorry for you loss, but what a lovely project to commemorate what she meant to you. Thanks for joining us over at http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete