Sunday, April 15, 2018

Live it up!

I've used this sentiment before-- so funny!


Supplies:

  • AI Girlfriends: Beach Babes stamp bought two summers ago
  • Stamp inked on Strathmore watercolor paper with Ranger Archival in Jet Black then heat set
  • Image colored with Spectrum Noir pens (skin and grey), Prismacolor pens (pinks), and a Sharpie for the lime green.  My only regret is using too dark a grey for some of the shadows... specifically for her legs.  
  • The background was watercolored with Loew Cornell watercolors
  • Sentiment written with a paintbrush in some scribbled Distress Crayon in Black Soot with water
  • Circle punch from Autumn (thanks!)
  • Daisy stickers by Martha Stewart (this is my second pack of these-- love them.  I wasn't planning to include them, but some of my watercolor background looked icky, so they provide a good cover-up)
  • Core'dinations cardstock for mat

I'd like to share this at the following challenges:

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha!! Mimi, this is a fabulous image from this fabulous stamp set from Arts Impressions, love all of these Sassy Ladies getting some sun and having fun.
    That sentiment is SOOOOO ME!!! LOL!!
    Fabulous card, teammie.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stamp definitely makes me smile. I love the flowers you added and the bright colors are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that card isn't too funny! The background and the pink frame really draws your eye in! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun card! I love the bright colors you used. Thanks for playing along with the Art impressions Good Goes Around Challenge! Jil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun image and cheerful colors, and what a great sentiment too. The flowers are nice additions, sweet summery design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute. I like the watercolored background. Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions

    ReplyDelete