Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Sweet Sunday #284

Yay, me! Finally playing along with a Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge-- this is #284.  Well, I've played along, but not entered.  I've intended to enter one of these for weeks now, but either miss the cut-off or get too busy.

So here is the appealling sketch:


And here is my entry:



I'm thinking this is a boy/man card. Haha, I anthropomorphize my cards and give them a gender!  So, how do you like him? Haha again.

Supplies and notes:
  • Initially I sprayed the kraft with Tim Holtz Distress spray paint, but it didn't give me enough of what I wanted, so I added texture using Teresa Collins modeling paste over a Tim Holtz stencil. Much better. 
  • I used Thickers for the sentiment.
  • The button is BG, and the twine is fancy scrap-twine, but the label is long-gone
  • I rounded the corners using a Fiskars punch, then I rubbed the edges with a little charcoal Color Box Chalk. 
Happy crafting, people!

1 comment:

  1. This grungy look is so cool and congrats on being the showcase card on Sweet Sunday sketch!

    ReplyDelete