Sunday, January 3, 2016

Colour Q...

OMG and LOL... this is, like, soooo twelve-year-old...



Kind of mocking my oldest, but really, I must say, she is an incredible girl, and I could scarcely be more proud of her. As this card started to come together from literal scraps, I channeled my eldest's style and went with it. See how cool she is?

Here is the sketch from Colour Q #322, where I'm entering this baby:

                               

Supplies:

  • The strips were all from my scrap box... was looking for some nice "Coastal Cabana" look-alike and pulled these three strips-- thought they looked cool together so I went with it
  • The background is Core'dinations
  • The sequin strips were from the Target bins (ummm... it's, like, totally my favorite right now...)
  • The "Hey" stamp is Recollections stamped in black MementoLuxe ink, just single-tap
  • I edged the scraps with Tarnished Brass Distress Stain




3 comments:

  1. Yes this card certainly has a carefree, youthful spirit about it. I totally dig it and yes the sequins are a win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant simple design. One I could fancy caseing. Not found my mojo after the holidays, crafting little by little and hope it will return...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our son says that all the time!! This is wonderful, thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete