Saturday, January 2, 2016

Double-dare

Here are two cards made for CMHD #174:



(Get it: double-dare???) And here is a close-up in which I was attempting to show the funky texture and sheen of the Fired Brick:


Here's a visual on the specific challenge:


Supplies and notes:
  • Here's my chatter: while I'm satisfied with the results here,  I wish I had an extra five hours to play with these exact same materials.  As often happens,  I had different visions at the beginning of this project.
  • Preface for process: the second card occurred as the bi-product of the first by using the stencil to print
  • Tim Holtz's Distress Paint in Fired Brick and Mowed Lawn used over a Heidi Swapp stencil 
  • Not sure who made the "Thank You" stamp-- got it years ago on a sheet with a ballerina, a typewriter, and some other random stuff
  • Stamped the sentiment with a Memories pad in Sand
  • I used generic thin washi tape on the first card, purposefully grungy, to create a rough border.  Without it, the image was not visually contained.  It bothered me.  I think because the second print is so open,  it fades just fine into the white border.  Or better, anyway...
  • Scattered Prima Sugardots across the second
And just for fun,  here's a quick pic of the shack:

All buttoned-up as of a few weeks ago,  just in time for the snow!  In the spring we will insulate, finish the siding and trim, loft the top,  and properly add electricity... very cool.  And here's my old lady-dog... just like an old lady: wants to nose in and peek around, but then plods back to the house to lay by the fire :)  Here's to old dogs having health in the new year...





7 comments:

  1. Like that you did a double dare attempt...they are both unique but I really do like the second card, I often think I want to try free-hand drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! Love the fun techniques. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! Both of these look fantastic, Mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing techniques in action! Very different looks! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! Thank you for joining us at the Color my Heart Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing all the textures and techniques you used in making these cards! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color dare!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always fun to see a new technique! Thanks so much for sharing these great cards on the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete