Sunday, February 7, 2016

Have a heart...

Here's this:




Supplies:
  • Library card base inked, sprayed, dried, repeat... with Distress Ink in Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar (though it's hard to tell-- the sun was so bright today and my lightbox is buried... not that I've tinkered with it much...)
  • Darice gold wire with some silver Adirondack metallics mixatives to lessen the gold
  • Tissue made into a tear-away based on the theme, stamped with old Target alphabet stamps in Crystal Ink in Choclate Brown
  • I used old industrial vinyl labels to stencil-off my sentiment, the painted it with Walnut Ink Distress Paint
  • My images didn't capture it well, but I glittered under the tear-aways with Martha Stewart glitter...
There's a little bit of the dichotomy here: there's a rough and gruff "Have a heart" (basically) at the top, then once you take a heart, there's the sparkly-love... awww.

I'm entering this little ATC into Simon Says Wednesday : "Have a Heart" challenge.

5 comments:

  1. Mimi, I LOVE THIS!!!! I LOVE IT!!! So very cool, clever, unique, and very much your style - total coolness! What a treat this is! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have your own unique style and had I seen this amongst the work of 100 other artists I would have picked this as being your work. You're so creative using your library cards, inks and paints, you create so much using so little. That's inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really Mimi style
    lovely spun sugar color and love all that sentiment..
    cute ATC
    how many library cards do you have Mimi dear
    I enjoy look your ATC
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fabulous idea and beautiful Artwork.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. ack. i think blogger just ate my comment. dang. oh heck, what did i just say, anyhow? pretty sure there was mention of how COOL this is... plus i love that it's sparkly. obviously. very sparkly & yet still a bit grunge. neat trick right there! (gonna copy the text this time in case blogger is eating all comments. ack. wish me luck!) ♥

    ReplyDelete