Saturday, April 30, 2016

Another large tag...

After I created a new filing system for my stash of cards, I had scraps of chipboard that were about 8.5x5" and I began making larger tags like I've seen Dyan and Tim market under Ranger. Here's my latest:





Supplies and notes:
  • Scrap chipboard painted loosely with Liquitex gesso
  • Once dry, sprayed tag with a pink Glimmer Mist and Dylusions in Lemon Zest, then par-dried with a heat tool and blew at the remaining pools through my trusty McDonald's straw
  • The white sheet with triangles was a scrap from a play-time months ago.  It had a monoprinted orange Heidi Swapp stencil, then some Teresa Collins modeling paste through the Swapp stencil again with Ranger Princess Gold EP on it and heated.  For this project, I just had to trim the sheet a tiny bit, then I added some Distress Ink in Spun Sugar to the edges, and then distressed them
  • The flowers attached were made prior to this tag with the latest addition to my die collection: Tattered Flowers.  These were made using an old Nancy Drew mystery (was missing pages and discarded from the library).  The pages were sprayed with Dylusions sprays and also wicked up some dark color from my spray tray.  The beads in place of the stamen were from my stash.
  • The oak leaf is another of Tim's Alterations dies.  This particular leaf is from a white oak, and you can tell because the leaves are lobed.  The other oak leaf on that die plate is a black oak because of the spines.  It was cut from a sheet of true birdseye maple veneer, received from a friend of Grandma Jane's... awesome stuff. 
  • Those pieces of chicken wire have been around since I waged war on the squirrels last month.  BTW, I think I won based on my flowers coming up!  Anyway, I inked the pieces with gold alcohol ink mixative and attached the pieces to the tag with Recollections brads
  • The rust ribbon was in my stash.  I cut the finished edges and added some of my fave olive and metallic yarn and attached them to the card with a cute brad from my stash-- no packaging
  • In the end, I added some stamped crackles from a Prima stamp using Color Dye in Sand and Tsukineko in Galaxy Gold
I'd like to share this at the following challenges:

7 comments:

  1. aah chicken wire again and so lovely Mimi
    you know I am not lady with using many embelishment and you did so well Mimi
    I wish I can do like you but I cant I am not you haha
    I like your gold here on this tag
    and the flowers ooh I ADORE
    also BEAUTIFULLY MADE MIMI dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love all the elements of metal you used on your tag. The chicken wire adds such a unique element and the flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally loved Nancy Drew when I was younger. Such awesome books! This tag is splendid and the gold EP sure does pop against the lighter background. Wonderful flower and wire as well. Fantabulous! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVING this tag, Mimi! I thought it was so clever to add the chicken wire elements and how that pairs so nicely with those fab metallic triangles. Leave it to crafty you to figure out how to give chicken wire a boost with the brads, etc. I say those squirrels are lucky to have been wiped out by someone of your caliber!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wait - um do we have to pick favorites! Well this is one of them!!! This is a stone cold knock out! LOL! I adore the colors and entire layout. What an amazing and most inspiring tag. WOO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i don't even know where to start on this b/c every single thing is BEYOND FAB... ok, maybe CHICKEN WIRE!!!! (which... i read the ingredients list quite carefully thinking, "hey that's clever, TH has a designer mesh product that looks like good ole chicken wire now"! LOLOL!!!) but seriously, it's kind of wrong to single out any element b/c the whole thing is sooooo much more than the sum of its parts. YOWZA miss mimi!!! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (think ink!) STASH with us this week! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! So feminine with the golden details and beautifully made flowers. Stylish!

    ReplyDelete