Saturday, April 9, 2016

Simon Says "Resist!"

I thought this was a good one over at Simon Says Stamp on Monday, "Try to resist":



Supplies and notes:
  • First, I played with all kinds of Ranger supplies through this challenge...
  • Tim Holtz Distress products were used for resisting on multiple library cards... the card I'm submitting just happened to be the funnest this morning... it caught my sleepy eye
  • First, I sponged Distress Paint in Picket Fence through a Brett Weldele stencil called Scribbles, I believe
  • Then I sprayed with Dylusions ink basically in the primary colors: Lemon Zest, Cherry Pie, and London Blue
  • I assembled the heart with wings probably six months ago.  I used a Tim Holtz grungeboard pack, painted with Fired Brick Distress Paint and Picket Fence Distress Paint... and it *looks like* I sprayed the wings with Perfect Pearls mist.  I also used Stickles to edge the heart.  Today I wiped some Picket Fence Distress Paint over the textured surface of the heart.  Glad I did, because I like the contrast of the geometric pattern against the scribbly background.
  • I added the little "hello" which was written with a Zig Emboss Writer and embossed with Recollections EP in Snow and then popped up


4 comments:

  1. Your rainbow of colors is just delightful, Mimi! Love how you textured your heart and gave it wings! Cool idea to use library cards!! Thanks for joining us for the Monday Challenge at Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't immediately realize this was made entirely without any stamping, in fact you that quite a lot don't you? No stamp projects are something I'm making in certain 'not in mood for coloring' phases, otherwise I find them a bit tricky to make. Fantastic artsy make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never use spray
    I dont have place to spray at my table Mimi
    and I love seeing your spray project
    this is funtastic dear..really I LOVE THIS
    ok now I am really tired
    go to bed may I :)

    ReplyDelete