Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Sketch Saturday #407

This is my entry for Sketch Saturday #407:


...and here is the sketch:


Initially, I viewed this as a scrap-buster, but I had this library card I'd played with in sight and I decided to cut it into pieces.  Here's how it came together...

Supplies and notes:
(I'll add later... No time now!)  UPDATED A FEW HOURS LATER... see, I remembered!

  • The library catalog card base was first embossed with a Sizzix folder
  • Next, I sprayed it using Dylusions inks in: Cherry Pie, Pure Sunshine, Lemon Zest, Cut Grass, London Blue, and Crushed Grape.  
  • After that, I wiped some Distress Paint in Pickert Fence over the raised part with my finger. At this point, this catalog card sat for about a week... waiting for two days ago...
  • I cut the now-fancy card into 1.5" squares and adhered them to the fab sea-green card (the card came in a pack from my homegirl/craft supply soulmate Autumn at Sew-Paper-Paint... thank you!)
  • The butterfly was another bit of my stash that had laid around waiting to be used.  Do any of you imagine your supplies laying around like the toys on Toy Story, just waiting to be loved?  I do... This butterfly is from a Grungeboard Pack from Ranger/Tim Holtz purchased years ago.  I'd painted the butterfly pale purple and sprayed it with some Perfect Pearls mist, then never used it... until now.  I had it out to potentially use for a separate challenge, but didn't (awww... passed it over twice, but three time's a charm!)-- and thought I could add it to this.  Well, the pale purple was too boring... so I got out my Dylusions spray in Funky Fuchsia and fixed that!
  • The stickers are from a pack by The Girls' Paperie... have had it for eons.
I plan to enter this into the challenges at  Sketch Saturday #407 and into Creative With Stamps First Challenge: Butterfly.  (I already shared THIS CARD there, but Sweet Monika reminded me I could add another... Thank you, Monika!)

7 comments:

  1. wohooo Mimi with sketch and so adorable
    woooow
    Mimi dont forget you can join 3 times at Creative with Stamps and this butterfly card can joining too
    I loveee the color on that square
    also I try to catch up the day after tomorrow ok sweety
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colorful, creative and fun. Great use of the Sketch at Sketch Saturday this week. Always enjoy visiting - wish you good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely creation. The painted squares make a great background to your pretty purple butterfly. Thanks so much for playing along with Creative With Stamps first challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love this card! Love the colors!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card :) Thanks to share it with us at "Creative with Stamps", Eunice (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these beautiful cut up panels, and they are fabulous against the seafoam background. I definitely have a scene or two from Toy Story going on...

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really colorful piece that looks organized and not messy, but artsy and classy. I think you did a great job with this sketch, I really like how this piece turned out...

    ReplyDelete