Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Mojo flow!

I haven't played with Mojo Monday in months,  though I follow it weekly... well, I couldn't pass up this week's sketch!  Here's my creation:


Here's the terrific sketch:


Supplies and notes:

  • Recollections resist paper 
  • Dylusions sprays in a rainbow of colors
  • The strips of inked paper were mounted onto some black Core'dinations 
  • Dina Wakley's birdie stamp, embossed on vellum and colored with Distress Crayons 
  • Hand-written sentiment using a Zig Emboss Writer and embossed with Recollections EP 
  • The sequins were originally white,  now inked with alcohol inks and dabbed, then re-inked.  Try it: it yields a different effect than I expected, but I don't like it... I love it, love it, love it...

6 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, that background is spectacular! Such a fabulous card, Mimi. Thanks for joining us for Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning colors, and the clever use of the translucent vellum make this card awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the colors and the birds! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was totally working on this sketch last night. How weird! I received your amazing happy mail today! The coolest thing and best day brightener I've had in ages! Thanks so much, you're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the graphic colorful background, brilliantly designed, and with the image stamped onto vellum you didn't cover any of it up entirely, a great call.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing graphic background and how clever to put vellum so none of it is hidden! Really striking card!

    ReplyDelete