Saturday, September 10, 2016

MFT Color Challenge

Been awhile since I played with a My Favorite Things Color Challenge.

I first saw this combo on the challenge post late at night, and my mind built an outfit! LOL I'll lay out out and take a pic, then add it tomorrow!  Will be a perfect fall outfit for school.

Here is the card I made:


Supplies and notes:

  • "Happy autumn" written with a grey Spectrum Noir pen and accented with white gesso
  • Flowers made to look coral by mixing the following: white gesso with Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, and Spun Sugar Distress Paint 
  • The stems and polka dots are Bundled Sage Distress Paint 
  • White gesso dots for stamen
  • Tim's Tattered Leaves cut from 65# kraft
Oh... duh. Here's the color palette for reference:


2 comments:

  1. The coral color is spot on. The others too. The leaves tucked under the decorated panel add to the autumnal feel of this design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! I really love reading about your process, Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete