Saturday, October 15, 2016

Travel the world...

I made this for the current challenge at Simon Says... Monday: explore the world:


How do you like the new mappy background?  It's been raining, so I had to come up with an
indoor solution for photographing projects!  I like it, but it's busy... I'll be experimenting in
days to come... let me know what you think! 

Supplies and notes:
  • The map paper is from a fat 8x8" pad... I think it was DCWV, but the cover fell off long ago.  I used two different map papers in the layers.  
  • The black cardtock is Colorbok
  • The globe die is from Pia in Norway... she sent me a bunch of diecuts recently, and they are the bomb!  This was cut from some awesome shimmery black paper.  Thank you, Pia.  I owe ya.
  • The quote (from a Modest Mouse song... how typical) was typed on the American Craft Typecast stickers, intended for a typewriter.  (I've used the heck out of these today... the typewriter is like the sewing machine-- I make hay while the sun is shining, you know?!--  use it while I got it out!)
Cheers to my worldwide Blogland friends!  Happy to know you!

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I must say, sending you die cuts was a really great idea. You give me inspiration on how to use my stuff. This is my cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning card, the globe looks amazing and so does the map background. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this is super cool! Awesome layers and you used this die perfectly. What a sweet friend to send you these. Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete