Monday, February 20, 2017

Brown-baggin' it

The current challenge at Simon Says Stamp on Monday is "Transport it"...

I am always struck with awe and admiration at Andrea's DT creations... she always thinks outside of the box and I just bow down.  This week was no different, and when I saw her file folders, I was like, "She's done it again!  That intelligent..." I went on with my life for the past 24 hours, not thinking of SS Monday, and accepting the possibility that I just may not get to play with them this week when I had an unexpected "Aha!" moment: lunch bags!


Some of my faves...

More faves...


The butterfly is a Heidi Swapp mask, sprayed then monoprinted

This is a stencil I made, sprayed, then monoprinted

I was just burning up panels here...

I made some lunch bags a few weeks ago with Shakespeare on them (ironically, made Andrea a flour-sack towel during that same time period with The Bard on it...) and my kids were like, "Sure... I'll take that to school."  I offered to make some cool ones... and forgot. (I have a terrible memory. ) ...until my "Aha" moment.

Supplies:
  • My fave results were from using my overspray sheets, torn, sprayed with Elmer's spray adhesive, and affixed.
  • Some bags benefited from generous amounts of Dylusions sprays 
  • I used some panels I had laying around, also, and wrote on them with brush Sharpies
That's it! 🙄 Hope my kids have fun with these!

2 comments:

  1. If I had seen these bags anywhere else than on your blog I'd still guess these were made by you. There's something so originally Mimi about them, artistic, simple yet detailed, artistically fun and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! It is YOU to whom I bow, my friend! I love how you are never inside the box...and if you ever were inside the box, it would be like the coolest funkiest wittiest box in the history of ever. I LOVE what you did with this week's challenge theme! The boring brown bag has been re-imagined to the point that even a soggy PB&J could take pride in its environment. I love how you went minimal in terms of space covered here, yet those little scraps produce such a wow factor! I seriously adore these! Must...find...brown...bags....now....

    ReplyDelete