Tuesday, February 20, 2018

SOS: Home Sweet Home

Here we are, past the middle of February, and on to the latest challenge at Shopping Our Stash: Home Sweet Home!  The Fabulous Chris is our hostess this week, and she is encouraging us to create a project featuring a home... but I'm thinking any dwelling or building will do!  Heck, maybe even a camp trailer!

Here's my creation:




Supplies:
  • I made my panel to fit Tim's Idea-ology Flip Frame.  This is un-altered as of yet.  My original plan was to make something for my mom to set on her kitchen table, but I have not done that yet-- maybe I'll get another Flip-Frame for Mother's Day and see that through.
  • My main panel is a piece of a hoarded framing mat board inked in four DOx blues: Faded Jeans, Salty Ocean, Broken China, and Chipped Sapphire
  • Edges of the mat dabbed with Distress Paint in Chipped Sapphire, Mowed Lawn, and Spiced Marmalade for fun.
  • The house is a stamp by Hampton Art/Graphic 45 that I've owned for a couple years.  I love the set, but seldom use it.  It was stamped with Ranger Archival in Jet Black on a scrap of Strathmore watercolor paper twice the cut and layered with 3M dimensional adhesive.  Prior to layering it, it was inked with DI in Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers and spritzed with water.
  • Greenery cut from Tim's mini-greenery dies previously (I had a die-cutting extravaganza on my living room floor last weekend when my youngest had the flu.  I didn't want to leave her in the house alone, so I brought in the Big Shot and all of my dies [I don't own more than 15 sets anyway...] and cut-cut-cut with all my scraps!)  Anyway, the greenery is supposed to represent the pine trees around my house.
  • Tim's paper dolls from the first set added to represent my family: two girls, my hubs and I, and the dog
  • More stamping from the Hampton Art/Graphic 45 set stamped in the background.   I don't think these have ever been used.
  • Tim's Small Talk stickers 
  • The Bingo piece is from my stash, chosen to represent the 11 years we've been in this house.
That's all.  I hope you will join us at Shopping Our Stash and show us your home stash!


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful flip frame picture, great use of the "dwelling" Good idea with the greenery, I hope you are all over the flu now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome project Mimi, love the idea of a flip frame, I have a few with pics of my grandkids.
    But your house is fabulous, love all the cut out figures, it's like you were playing with paper dolls.
    Fab card.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is all kinds of amazing!!!
    Course I am lovin that TH flip frame too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such a fantastic job on this ! I'm totally loving it! What an awesome way to use this flipper. I need to get mine outta the box. Love this! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful scene you’ve made for this family! I’ve adored all these paper dolls I’ve seen you use and I’ve finally got my own, but haven’t had time to play with them yet.

    ReplyDelete