Saturday, March 31, 2018

Nautical anniversary

... with reference to tying the knot:

I was trying to show the glittery Bridal Tinsel in this image... didn't really succeed.  FYI, it's that iridescent sparkle that yields pinks, greens, blues.


Supplies:
  • Strathmore watercolor paper written on with a Letter It marker then heat embossed with Bridal Tinsel EP from the Letter It pack
  • Dipped in an inked-up mat with all the blue DOx plus lots of water
  • The knot stamp was from a nautical-themed set from Michael's my BFF used for her wedding in 2016-- Uh-oh, I guess I need to send it to her! I heat embossed it with Gold Tinsel from the Letter It pack.
  • I also heat embossed the edge with the Gold Tinsel EP.
That's it.  Pretty cute, right?

I just want to add a few notes about the Letter It products I own: While the pens work super-well for heat embossing and for use with Perfect Pearls, I think I prefer my Zig Emboss Writer for heat embossing because it goes on blue so you can see what you've written/drawn. The embossing powder colors I bought are the Copper, Bridal, Gold, and Silver Tinsels and they are BEAUTIFUL.  Totally worth the money just to get this beautiful little set.  In case it matters you to, though, they do end up  rough after heating due to the glitter, and the Bridal Tinsel is more iridescent than just white. Use the Michael's coupon-- I felt like full price was steep. 

I'll share this at the following challenges:

6 comments:

  1. WOW!! Mimi, this is a beautiful card, the color wash on the background is perfect and yes!! I do see the iridescent sparkle on the "Happy Anniversary" word, the glittery sailor's knot is very clever and beautiful.
    Thank you for playing along with us at RETRO RUBBER, I hope you come and play again next time.
    Hugs.
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! This is gorgeous, I love the techniques you have used and the glittery knot is perfection. This card makes me long for the sea.. Thanks for playing along at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous watercoloured smooshed background! And thanks for the tips about the markers too! Thanks for sharing it at Addicted to Stamps and More and we hope to see more of your beautiful creations again. Hugs,Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! This is beautiful!! I love the detail and yet it's still CAS. Thank you for playing with Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable blue background sweety...
    the lettering so beautiful too Mimi
    and I love whole concept of your card
    Adorable made and thanks for tips sweety
    Many thanks to joining with us at ATSM this time
    sorry for late comment
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the creativity displayed with this card! The lettering is wonderful as is the watercolor background. Using a knot for an anniversary card is brilliant. Definitely ties up the nautical theme, LOL.... Thanks so much for sharing and playing along with Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete